Monday, November 17, 2014

Blue Bell

So I totally got off track yesterday and started painting another piece all together (I did do the coffee table and end tables eventually!!) it was so much fun!  In my excitement I forgot to take a before picture but it's a piece I've had in my home for years and just don't have the room for anymore so I'm going to let someone else love it from now on!!! 
 
I started with a clean canvas of dark wood, cleaned it well with TSP to get off the years of grit and dirt, sanded off the top to clean off the water stains from a potted plant that sat on it for years.  I wanted something different for this piece, beachy, fun, a little out there so I started with light tan colored paint, then a coat of a green that I had from another project
 
light tan base coat
 
A close-up of the green going on.
 
The blue layer (General Finishes Halycon Blue) - she has authentic claw foot legs with the crystal balls intact!!
After painting, I took my sander and heavily distressed the edges to the wood, showing the layers of paint and across the flat surfaces to give it the washed out look before dry brushing white over the whole piece.
Dry brush white
 
 
The finished project!
Here are a couple angles of the finished piece, after applying Annie Sloan Clear and Dark Wax.  Basic staging for now but the blue in the artwork sort of pulled it all together so I put the table there for the shot.
 
Hope you like what you see, I'm loving the creative outlet of refreshing furniture and I'm building my pipes up nicely too from the effort it requires to get the "natural" look of aging!!  ;)
 
Until next time, Keep Refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment